HIGH EFFICIENCY EPOXY RESIN FILLER
Marble Dust or Calcium Carbonate is a mined mineral that has undergone metamorphosis under high pressure and high temperatures treatment.
This process results in recrystallization with the separation out of impurities in the form of characteristic veins known as “marbling”.
As a metamorphic rock, marble has a dense crystalline structure of high chemical purity and high whiteness.
When incorporated to an epoxy resin system, calcium carbonate improves:
- HIGHER TRANSITION OF GLASS TEMPERATURE (Tg)
- HEAT RESISTANCE OF THE EPOXY SYSTEM
- IMPROVE THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY AND HEAT DISSIPATION FACTOR
- OPACITY FOR COLORING OR PIGMENTING
- HIGHER VOLUME RESISTIVITY FOR ELECTRICAL INSULATIVE PROPERTIES
- IMPROVE DIMENSIONAL STABILITY AND LESS SHRINKAGE
- INCREASE IMPACT RESISTANCE
- HIGHER SURFACE HARDNESS
- IMPROVED COMPRESSIVE STRENGTH
- IMPROVE ADHESION BY REDUCING INTERNAL STRESS VIA DIMENSIONAL LESS SHRINKAGE
- HIGHER CHEMICAL RESISTANCE
- LOWER COST BY VOLUME